The Arbeia Society
What do we do?
Our aims are:
• To promote the study of, and interest in, Arbeia Roman Fort and other Roman sites, especially those in the North East region.
• To carry out archaeological research.
• Through Quinta, to recreate as accurate a picture as possible of life in the third century at Arbeia.
• To engage in reconstruction archaeology.
• To raise funds for archaeological work at Arbeia, and in the region generally.
• A major annual conference on aspects of Hadrian’s Wall and Roman Britain.
• Occasional lectures and social meetings.
• Use of the Library at Arbeia Roman Fort.
• Members may also, on occasion, join the excavations on the site, or fieldwork run by the Society.
The Arbeia Society is a registered charity - no. 1041609